Web Producer/Project Manager (Contract)
Friday is seeking a Web Producer/Project Manager to manage website development projects for Friday’s clients. The successful candidate will work closely with Friday’s designers and developers to oversee the build, QA review, documentation and training, launch, and maintenance of websites for nonprofit and for-profit organizations, campaigns, programs and/or schools. A person in this role is a skilled project manager, demonstrates high attention to detail, is knowledgeable in website management best practices, and has experience communicating technical concepts in simplified terms.
Friday is a social sector strategy and design firm focused on the intersection of education, economic opportunity, and community. We work alongside mission-driven companies, non-profits, and the public sector to reimagine their work, tell their story, and expand their impact. Our core services include:
- Organizational Strategy: We work with clients to define their intended impact and develop strategies to achieve their goals.
- Brand & Communications: We develop brands, campaigns, and communications strategies that help our clients tell their story and build their movement for good.
- Program Design & Innovation: We design new products, services, and experiences for our clients in order to help them better serve their core audience.
Our focus is strategic. We believe people discover their purpose through — and are shaped by — their education, work, and community. Evidence confirms that these three areas are critical to ensuring economic and social justice, especially for people with lower incomes and people of color. By working to improve these three critical sectors, we are creating a more equitable and dynamic social fabric.
- Identify and document website technical and functionality requirements, based on client needs and in coordination with client IT teams.
- Translate requirements to project designers and developers to ensure successful implementation.
- Provide oversight during internal reviews and client feedback cycles, monitoring scope and identifying opportunities for efficiencies.
- Make recommendations for prioritization of QA tickets for developers and contribute to the identification of solutions when appropriate. Communicate with clients to understand website issues or bugs they are experiencing and to confirm resolution of those issues.
- Manage content gathering and creation processes, including identifying content needs, setting up tracking tools, identifying client and/or project team assignments, tracking progress and troubleshooting bottlenecks and technical issues.
- Lead client training and support sessions to support client’s ongoing content entry and day-to-day website management.
Project Execution Support
- Build website pages following design specifications, using page builders and relevant plug-ins.
- Review, configure, and test plug-ins, such as Contact Forms 7, Yoast SEO, and others.
- Support client content entry including copy, images, alt text, taxonomy configuration, and SEO metadata.
- Lead QA review of front-end and back-end development, including designs and functionality, testing on various browsers and screen resolutions, and creating, tracking and resolving tickets in collaboration with developers, and internal and client project teams.
- Create documentation for client’s ongoing content entry and day-to-day website management.
- Oversee website launch including configuring 301 redirects, securing SSL certificates, and updating website hosting servers and domain registrars as needed.
- Minimum four years of direct web producer/project management experience.
- Experience concepting technical solutions to UX/UI needs and translating requirements to design and development needs.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous project executions and reprioritize deliverables when bandwidth is exceeded.
- Ability to foresee roadblocks and suggest solutions in advance.
- Deep understanding of WordPress, including page builders (i.e. WPBakery, Elementor), and basic HTML and website hosting.
- Experience creating and implementing QA testing plans, and identifying, tracking and resolving related issues.
- Understanding of website accessibility standards and best practices and SEO best practices.
- Comfortable learning and using project management and design handoff software (knowledge of Monday, JIRA and Figma preferred), and collaborative tools such as Slack.
- Commitment to fostering a positive work environment and building a healthy team culture.
- You are passionate about equal opportunity and innately curious, staying up on social and design trends and considering their implications for your work.
- You are both a big thinker and an attention-to-detail executor; you are able to manage multiple projects at a time, keeping yourself and your team organized and on task.
- You are able to quickly pivot as strategic direction changes, accept feedback and critique, and enjoy building off of others’ ideas.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial, self-directed work environment and are capable of managing relationships with team members working remotely.
- You contribute to a “Friday Feeling”, creating inclusive, joyful and creative work spaces where people can be their best selves and exchange new information and ideas.
More About Friday
The Friday difference is what makes us unique:
- We’re flexible: Our process depends on your challenge. From weeklong sprints to multi-month projects to long-term transformation efforts, every engagement is unique.
- We’re focused: At the start of each week, we organize and iterate; by Friday we present and celebrate. At the end of each week we ask one question: “Did we make a difference?”
- We’re future-oriented: The work we do is designed to go well beyond Friday. We don’t just develop ideas and solve problems. We build the capacity of our clients to sustain change.
- We’re fun: Let all the other days have “all work and no play.” Friday’s has room for both. We believe serious work requires a creative approach to open up new ways thinking.
We are headquartered in Oakland, California, with team members on the ground in Austin, Eureka, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Jose.
- Position type: Contract
- Commitment: 20-30 hours per week, approx. March-June 2023. Consideration for contract extension or hire at the end of Q2.
- Rate: $70 – $90/hr depending on experience
- Start date: Immediately preferred; must start by March 6, 2023
- Location: Remote
If this sounds like the right fit for your expertise and interests, please apply via the form at this link. Applications must include your resume and a brief but personalized cover letter summarizing your experience relevant to this position. No phone calls please.
Friday is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.