Lead Visual Designer (Full Time)
Friday is seeking a Lead Visual Designer who can convert written or spoken ideas into brand identity concepts and executions for social-impact clients. The candidate will work closely with strategists, copywriters, creatives and web developers to ensure their work supports the larger creative vision for each project and is executed effectively. A person in this role is knowledgeable in digital and print design best practices, and has experience managing all aspects of a brand design project from start to finish.
- You will concept and refine brand identity deliverables including moodboards, logo/mark design, color palette, typography, photography and graphic element guidelines.
- You will work with the creative team to develop concepts for marketing campaigns including digital experiences, print and digital collateral, leading design from concept to production.
- You will present work to clients, providing compelling reasons for creative decisions and advice around design best practices.
Qualifications & Skills
- You have a portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to turn an idea into visually stunning and action-inducing designs.
- You are a strategic thinker that understands how to use design to solve business challenges. You work hard to avoid limiting yourself to a single design aesthetic, keeping the unique needs of each project in mind as you work.
- You have proven success creating print and digital brand and marketing assets, preferably in an agency setting.
- You have a knowledge of brand and marketing strategies, visual communication principles, and UX/UI best practices.
- You keep track of design trends and consider their implications for achieving the goals of the specific tasks at hand.
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote/PowerPoint and preferably Sketch as well.
- You have strong production/pre-press skills and experience coordinating with printers.
- You can articulate your concepts with confidence and integrity to win the hearts and minds of our clients.
- You are able to manage multiple projects at a time, keeping yourself organized and on task.
- You are both a big thinker and an attention-to-detail executor.
- You are able to quickly pivot as strategic direction changes and are willing to build off of others’ ideas and accept feedback and criticism.
- You are passionate about equal opportunity and innately curious, staying up on social and design trends and considering their implications for your work.
- You are both a big thinker and an attention-to-detail executor; you are able to manage multiple projects at a time, keeping yourself and your team organized and on task.
- You are able to quickly pivot as strategic direction changes, accept feedback and critique, and enjoy building off of others’ ideas.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial, self-directed work environment and are capable of managing relationships with team members working remotely.
- You contribute to a “Friday Feeling”, creating inclusive, joyful and creative work spaces where people can be their best selves and exchange new information and ideas.
Friday is a multidisciplinary consulting firm working at the intersection of learning, opportunity, and community. We are strategists, innovators, and designers who apply creativity and strategic thinking to solve pressing challenges, uncover new opportunities, and build the capacity of leaders. Our clients are leading companies, nonprofits, foundations, and governments working across education, economic opportunity, and community development.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to realize their potential, apply their talents, and shape the place they live for good. Our core values guide our interactions with one another and inform how we work with clients and partners:
- We’re Flexible. Everybody’s Friday is a little different – just like our team and clients’ needs. That’s why we prioritize flexible schedules and remote work. And we offer our clients multiple ways to work with us: weekly sprints, workshops and trainings, multi-month projects, and long-term partnerships.
- We’re Focused. We seize every week as a possibility for transformation. At the start of the week we organize and iterate; by Friday we present, and celebrate. At the end of each week, we look back and ask ourselves: Did we make a difference?
- We’re Future-focused. Impact doesn’t stop with Friday. We build the capacity of our clients to sustain change long term. We create enduring strategies, tools, and programs and ensure our clients are equipped to implement change. And we believe in empowering our team to achieve their goals both in and out of work – during the week and the weekend.
- We’re Fun. Friday is business at heart with a weekend’s soul. We are passionate about social change and bring our whole selves to every engagement. We are both partner and friend, colleague and confidant.
- Position type: Full-time, exempt role
- Start date: January 2022
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000 depending experience and geographic location
- Competitive Benefits: Health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance covered by employer; 401K with 3% employer contribution
- Location: Remote, with preference for those living in California or mid-tier cities around the United States (Austin, Indianapolis, Denver, Nashville etc.)
If this sounds like the right fit for your expertise and interests, please submit your application at friday.us/apply-designer, including a brief but personalized cover letter, your resume, and 3 work samples. No phone calls please.
Friday is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.